If you are arrested for driving under the influence after an accident that caused property damage or injuries, your DUI charge will be a felony.
You will need the help of an experienced DUI lawyer. The consequences of a DUI accident vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and can include:
- 1 to 3 years in a state prison
- mandated court-approved alcohol and/or drunk education program
- court fines and penalties
- restitution penalties to the injured party
- 4 to 10 years of driver’s license suspension
The most common opening offer by the prosecution for the DUI accident arrest is 2 year prison term. Without an experienced attorney by your side that is the bargain plead you will receive.
To protect your rights and improve your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome for your case, it is important to discuss your case with an experienced DUI lawyer.
For a confidential consultation, call Dudek & Cintean, LLP at our San Francisco office at (415) 946-4020 or our Contra Costa office at (925) 335-6444, or you may use the online form here on this website.